Phase 1 – 2018
The CAA conducted Phase 1 of Pitching Green in 2018. Here are some of the highlights (for more details, see Pitching Green Phase 1, Final Report):
- With expert input from CAA board and members, we surveyed Alberta architects and stakeholders re: challenges and best practices for promoting green architecture.
- We produced a report summarizing the research findings and other project activities (see Final Report, Conclusions).
- CAA Chairman of the Board Allan Partridge presented on research findings and next steps at our annual general meeting in September 2018.
Phase 2 – 2019
Work on Phase 2 began in February 2019 and continues on a number of fronts through September 2019:
- We’re collaborating with partner organizations such as the AAA (Alberta Association of Architects), the CEA (Consulting Engineers of Alberta) and the Calgary and Edmonton Construction Associations to improve contact information so we can better reach and inform Alberta architects and stakeholders.
- We’re conducting further research with stakeholders and green building experts on barriers, solutions, business analysis, and business case strategies (see below, PG RESOURCES).
- We’ve hosted one workshop in June (Edmonton), with another slated for September (Calgary), on best practices for encouraging clients towards green architecture. Our thanks to net-zero and integrated project delivery expert Shafraaz Kaba, principal of Ask for a Better World, for leading these workshops.
- We’re partnering with Tantus Solutions Group and Social Community Consulting Group to create resources that support the business case for green buildings (coming soon!).