City Council will be hosting a Statutory Public Hearing to consider Edmonton’s new Zoning Bylaw (Charter Bylaw 20001) and city-wide rezoning (Charter Bylaw 21001) on October 16, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. The agenda, reports and bylaws will be shared on the City’s website a minimum of 30 days before the scheduled public hearing on the Council and Committee Meetings webpage. Here’s what you need to know:
- 📖 Understand the process: Read the Public Hearing Playbook — a step-by-step guide that simplifies Land Use Statutory Public Hearings to make sure everyone has the tools to participate.
- 💻 Watch the meeting: Livestream the City Council Public Hearing on Council on the Web or the Council Chambers YouTube channel or join in person at City Hall’s Council Chamber.
- 🗣️ Register to speak: Complete the request to speak form and the Public Hearing procedure will be made available to you. We encourage you to register before the Public Hearing date as speaker order is determined by the order of registrations. If you wish to designate someone to speak on your behalf, you must complete the Authorization to Speak on Someone’s Behalf form.
- ✍️ Submit written comments: Send written comments to the Office of the City Clerk. All written submissions will be available for public review.
- 💡 Be Informed: Learn about the proposed zoning changes and how they may impact your property by exploring the resources in our online Document Library.
Pending the bylaws’ approval at City Council Public Hearing, the new Zoning Bylaw and city-wide rezoning will come into effect on January 1, 2024.